Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I poached salmon tonight...or steamed it really.

I loooove fish. Especially when we go to Washington to visit the in-laws. Chris makes the best fresh sockeye salmon that you'll ever eat. It's simple and salivating. He grills it on his fancy little Weber grill. The charcoal give it such an amazing smokey flavor. I can't get enough of it when I'm there. They think I'm the biggest pig! You laugh, but it's true. What can I say.... I LOVE TO EAT!

Tonight I wanted to try something new. So this is what I came up with:
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 t. paprika
1 t. chopped fresh dill
salt and pepper
I rubbed the salmon fillet with olive oil and coated the fish with the spice rub. I placed the fish skin side down on a cooling rack on a baking sheet, filled with a little water and covered with foil. Bake 350 until center is cooked. Serve with whatever ya like.
I did:
Roasted white asparagus
Baked red potatoes
7 grain rolls
Arugula salad with lemon oil dressing (just lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste)
*I never really use a recipe when cooking.
So these are the best measurements I can come up with*

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm so excited that you started a cooking blog, now I can try some of your tasty recipes!

Lisa said...

Ash way to go!! Did you take the pics too? They look awesome! Hey I have a new ingredient for you. Have you ever bought smoked paprika? I love it. I've got you bookmarked now so I can watch all the lovelies you make.

Love your guts!! Lisa